Dear Earl, it's been a while

Let say, to the tune of about sixteen years or so.
So how have you been? I heard and read about you on regular occasions but it never occurred to me that maybe we should give it another go.

You see, there are so many reasons for us drifting apart and while now I am fully aware that it was my fault, back then you could say, I was just a little naïve. My grandparents would sing your praises ‘oh he’s a full bodied chap, full of zest and flavour’ personally I found you complex and just a bit too much for me. I was only young and not ready for something quite so serious.

I don’t think they are aware of our chance meeting but I’ll drop into conversation one day that I found you and we’ve decided to start over, try again.

It’s only after such a long time and after everything that I’ve experienced that I realise I’ve grown up. My tastes are much more refined and I’m engaged by deep and delicious experiences, and can handle more complex variety. I think now, we’re a much better match and on the same wavelength.

I’ve discovered so much more in you. Your sweetness overpowers where I once found you to be bitter. Your depth and not to mention a beautiful scent are captivating. You have my respect now where I was once impatient, I wanted everything too quick, demanded so much in such a short space of time, I’ll be the first to admit that simplicity is what I craved and you couldn’t give me it. You are long and drawn out and improve with time. I didn’t have the time to allow you to develop and for that I am sorry.

I’m older and wiser, more patient and keen to enjoy time with you.

What do you say?
Mr Gray?

0 comments:

Post a Comment